Thread: Reserve rules
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 04:45 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
I agree that person could hold a line as DCL. And since that person is not on the reserve list now, I’m sure they will be upgrading soon.

I was looking at who is on today’s DCL reserve list.

But there are people who have been out on medical or military leave that may have recently come back and unless you look at the seniority list that shows where they will be you probably can’t tell who those might be. Those people are all outliers so you can’t use those as the norm.
The easier way is just to see how many hard lines there are, and how many spots from the top those people would be. This is the most pessimistic way to look at it, because some top guys always bid reserve on purpose.

Or for FO's, check 3XP and see who the junior lineholder is. At the moment for DFL, the junior lineholder is Aug/2018 hire. This will probably drop slightly with the new planes, summer flying, and not that much hiring to the fleet.

For DCL also - there's crazy movement coming in the next few months for flow alone. So it's really hard to predict what's going to happen.

Besides. Reserve ain't that bad if you live in base. If not, it sucks.
Some of the guys from our class got a "crew scheduling special" schedule. Nothing like commuting to reserve for one single day with a 6am start. Then home for 2 days, then 2 day block...