Thread: Reserve rules
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 04:37 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
Is there a way to '3XP' other bases?

I emailed the negotiating committee with how disappointed I am that there will be no further reserve negotiations. Every pilot contract has an aggregate 'cost per pilot' and what I wanted to know was did the concessions the company was seeking raise or lower the total 'cost per pilot' and how does our 'cost per pilot' compare to the other WO's? They may not share (or have) that information, but the CBAs being public documents - that value should be able to be calculated, even if it is just baselined to Envoy's.
To your first question, I dont think so, however I would just ask here and get an idea of what number holds the lowest hard line. In addition, I often check the union seniority list to gauge where my number falls in the big scheme of things.

To your second question, too preface, I had zero participation in any negotiations, however it was my feeling that the initial agreement we had in place just prior to the beginning of the year, had a very slight increase in cost to the company. Keep in mind, we are in a period when companies are all negotiating higher wages and quality of life for pilots, so this wasn't a huge leap and pennies compared to Endeavor, Skywest, Republic and the like. We did offer a "concession" to get it to the point it was. When the company came back to the table after the new year, they wanted several things that would have saved them money, hence lowering the cost.

To be honest, the company was in the wrong here. We had a deal and they changed it at the last minute and essentially rubbed our noses in crap. It was not in good faith and was asking for a huge concession of grievences just to continue discussion, with no guarantee the deal would be done.

So dont get upset with the union on this one, they did the work and essentially were mislead that they had a deal. This screwup is on the company and they clearly dont care that we have some of the worst rules in the industry, especially for commuters.