View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 AM
OhSnapAF
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by AntiPeter View Post
My experience regarding the new IBI18 from the Phenom:

1. Flying and schedule changes have decreased significantly, allowing for a better QOL on the road.

2. Overtime has gone away, in some cases replaced by FDPP (mostly for night duty). I may not make more money with this new contract because of that.

3. I'm concerned for the future. Once again I think the pilots accepted mediocre short term gains for an agreement which long term will result in a poor QOL with inadequate inflationary adjustments and weaker leverage. Working here 2015-2017 was miserable, all thanks to CBA15. I assume that misery will return because not only are the root causes not fixed, it's not even politically correct that they can be addressed.

4. Ironically, the (apparently) large amount of pilots that weren't pulling their own weight (fatigue, DNIF, write ups, etc.) have actually, in my opinion, destroyed future leverage. Our Union won't negotiate in Section 6 and we have a large group of self serving pilots that are willing to significantly change their behavior for what amounts to a modest increase in "performance" money.

These are cultural issues which can't be fixed.
Well said.

The pilots that will just lap up whatever management/NJASAP will put in the dog bowl is what is firming decisions for pilots to leave. No job is perfect but there is a large unwillingness to really get change there. Throwing money at the problem and being happy with it, is playing the short game. CBA2015 had way too many yes votes to give the warm and fuzzies about real changes to the future and the IBI further knocked those hopes down IMHO. In a year, the excitement of marginally bigger paychecks will wear off and the group will be miserable again, wondering how it happened.