View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 02:22 AM
Burton78
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: 737 CA
Default Best credit card for aircrew?

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
But what's that math work out to? Earning points, well it seems like you get 1 pt on the "everything else" category, 3% on travel type. As opposed to some other cards out there like the one that's just 2% cash with no annual fee. So how does it even compare, considering you first have to 'pay' the $150 annual fee remaining before winning over a cash back 2% card?

I plugged in my values, I still don't see how it's worth it over a 1.5-2% cash back with no annual fee:

I guess it just depends on what fits for you personally. As many others have mentioned on a another thread on topic, there are multitudes of ways that the card makes up for the measly $150 fee (after the $300 for travel compensation) per year that you feel you may be shorted. I average crediting at least 9000-10000 points per month on points in which the vast majority is accrued at 3x what I paid. Add that up and if you redeem that on other travel expenses, it's an extra 1.5. Not to mention if you use priority pass just 3 times over the course of a year at restaurants with your wife at various airports while you travel, that's another $168 you saved that more than covers the $150 you're so concerned about.

Also, if you just want cash back, guess what? You can do that as well. Check it out on The Points Guy or other similar websites and I think you'll find that the benefits are vast.

Last edited by Burton78; 02-27-2019 at 02:33 AM.