Thread: Fractional QOL
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 11:40 AM
btodd77
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by 4thgenaviator View Post
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Anyone willing to go deeper down the rabbit hole with me?

I’m currently in the 121 regional world and it’s... not been great. I have 2 children under the age of 3 and with my whopping 11 days off + commuting, I’m legitimately surprised when they actually recognize me upon returning home. That being said, we have been told that there are improvements to scheduling and other little things coming “soon.” However, “soon” might not be soon enough for me.

So, my uiltimate questions are:

1 - For those of you with children, do you feel like your schedule at the fractionals affords you more time at home than anything else?

2 - Would any/all/none of you recommend making a move from the regionals to a fractional right now? Not wanting to give away too much about me, but I believe that I have competitive times and likely could do it.

One thing I’m not extremely concerned with is pay, but feel free to throw that into your argument if you think it’s important enough.
Depends on what your end goal is. If you are ultimately looking for a major airline, then I would steer clear of NJA. If you want a reasonably predictable schedule (7 and 7) then it could be a good fit. I've done the regional thing, NJA and now at a major. I can tell you that my on the road QOL and time at home is the best it has ever been where I'm currently at. It will only improve as commuting comes to an end in a month or two.

Your mileage may vary.
BT