Thread: APA financial accountability

Name User , 03-01-2019 05:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Name User
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2014
Quote: Can you point me to the news that I missed?
So this is just my understanding of the events

Among all the financial "indiscretions" from the president such as purchasing a first class ticket for his spouse using the union credit card, a member in good standing with over 20 years here (LAA) asked to see financial records that members are entitled to. He was stonewalled and dismissed numerous times and finally filed some sort of legal paperwork to force the issue.

In the meantime things were getting heated and after repeated posts on CnR about the subject his CnR access was revoked by someone at APA. He then sent some sort of email with "threatening" overtones (note, it was a David and Goliath video I believe and the threat was "I'm coming after you"). The APA higher ups way overplayed their bounds and called the police, FBI, and AA corporate security on this member and essentially unleashed the full weight of collective union legal money on him wanting a restraining order issued.

Well, come to find out law enforcement and AA Corp security basically saw it has a nothingburger and have refused to issue a restraining order despite the APA appealing and asking for one a second time.

There have also been several "changes" as the BOD has forced people on the inside investigating this mess out and taken their APA computers.

Pretty f'ed up.