Thread: Fractional QOL
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 09:56 AM
FlyingAnvil
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
That depends on where you work. I know a lot of guys at major airlines that can only dream about only working 12-13 days a month. That said, most other aspects outside of comuting will be better at a major airline.

I am pretty happy at NetJets, but I'm at the other NetJets- the GLC side as an FO. I could be a captain in the slave ship fleets if I wanted, but QOL in the Globals is good enough to accept a bit less pay to remain SIC. Even in the slave ships, they can only work you as hard as YOU accept. If you are tired, call in fatigued. I fly more hours in the Global, but my overnights are also about 5 hours longer on average than they were in small fleets. As for doing this with young children, even the 7&7 has you gone for a week at a time which is not particularly good on family life with kids. Honestly, if I hadn't bean trapped here for most of my time here I'd have done the major airline thing (if I got hired, though I never tried once hiring became easier). I'm senior enough now to have lots of options at NetJets without having to start over somewhere else. Good luck whatever you decide, but know that you probably will be working an average of 18 days a month in a Phenom 300 for at least your first 6 months before you are able to get a 7&7 or cc60. Cc52 is probably years away, but much closer than PIC. PIC is closer at most majors for a new hire. A career in aviation is tough until you have seniority at a good job and then only if your company doesn't fail.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Sent you a PM ...