View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by pilotguy7 View Post
That is correct. You would not be getting paid! They have lost many pilots in training because of this. So buyer beware. As of now, they dont have a CTP course. Please remember, this is a cheap organization without a lot of infused cash to operate. Want they really are looking for, is type rated pilots with experience who have proven themselves in a part 121 or 135 operation. This means they wont have to spend as much money in training cost, and they can move folks through faster. The main issue on this is that they are well below the current pay of qualified pilots. So attracting these folks have been very difficult for them, and retaining them, nearly impossible. It will probably be only a matter of time before they are forced to look at lessor experienced crews in order to attract folks. If I were you, I'd go to a good 121, stay there for a year or so, then get on with Jetblue or some place that has a base in Orlando.

Because of the weak training, you really are putting your certificate at risk, because they WILL FORCE YOU to take a check ride before you are ready, or they will just get rid of you. So know you could have that to explain away.
Well, there is a difference between being cheap and not having cash. They definately have cash, that isn’t and has never been their problem. If you knew anything of the owners other ventures, you’d never question access to cash. It’s a reluctance to spend it, and trying different things at different times to gauge results. They can have experienced 121 guys tell them not to do something, and they’ll still do it to see for themselves. I’d guess this training pay program won’t last long before they fix it. Just tell them no, you expect to be paid for your time. They seem to be flexible when needed.