Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 AM
ACMItrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will give you some advice.

First, you absolutely must do your research about the current pay and work rules in force today. I cannot count how many times people come from the regionals and then complain about the work rules here, saying they are better in the regionals.

If you come and find yourself unpleasantly surprised that's YOUR fault, and of course also the fault of the recruiters who probably misled, or flat out lied to you during the recruitment process.

Second, realize that the company and the union are in a full blown, knock down drag out, gutter fight.

Third, there is a lot of short to medium term uncertainty with the direction of the company, given the influence of Amazon, DHL and the latest crash. You need to be prepared for ANY consequence those three factors may impose on the operation.

If you can handle the low pay, horrible work rules and turbulent (to put it mildly) work environment then come on over, but I highly recommend you keep some other apps updated just in case it doesn't turn out to be your cup of tea.
Very well said. At ABX close to 50% quit and go back to passenger or their old place of employment once they see how aweful ACMI is. ......and ABX is actually considered to have the best work rules in ACMI. Everyone should do their home work before making a leap!