View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
I had a situation recently where I didn’t uncheck the second box (didn’t know that was a thing) and did my final check in at the gate. Everything fine until my scheduled dh flight air returned and cancelled. When I called, CRS said I had deviated and am responsible to get to the destination. I explained it a couple times until I was transferred to duty officer. When he came on the phone, he just took care of the situation without me explaining anything.
I'm glad you were able to resolve the situation. My point is that a newer pilot may not know enough to push the issue which based on my small sample has happened at least twice. Your event makes three. It shouldn't get to the point where anyone has to push the issue up to the DO and in my opinion has risen to the point of grievance. In this case, the CBA is clear and unambiguous.
At the very least, I think you should file an Insight report and make sure you forward it to contract enforcement. They'll never know this stuff is happening unless we document it.