View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 07:13 PM
CactusCrew
Tri-tanic operator

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Doggie

Originally Posted by BrownDoubles View Post
Guess that depends on your priorities . If you prioritize monthly schedule flexibility then you have BV days; if you want 4-6 weeks off straight you prioritize OCV. Individual decisions... sounds like something else I've heard somewhere. But I agree with you most choose max time off over schedule flexibility and that was your ultimate point.
It has nothing to do with priorities or individual decisions in the first few years. The days just aren't accrued.

I'd like to know how a new guy (less than 5 years) could drop a month of flying in ANC with 2 weeks or less of BV days, can you explain ? The question wasn't about dropping a few trips here and there in SDF for monthly flexibility.

I understand there is a limited amount of flexibility compared to some other airlines but if a guy needs some time off is there a way to drop a trip besides calling in sick? On the ANC 747 if a one month LOA was requested what are the odds of it being granted if outside of peak?
After a few years, I agree. OCV and BV days give you great options. I just didn’t think BV days are the answer to this question for a new guy that wants ANC B747. You’re probably right.

Last edited by CactusCrew; 03-03-2019 at 07:54 PM.