View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 09:50 AM
SpringLanding
Standby Reserve at LGA

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by afterburn81 View Post
If I’m not mistaken, ExpressJet first year pay is $40?

I do know however that ExpressJet has 2 simulators of their own. 2 E145 sims in IAH. To my knowledge they don’t “own” the 175 sims in STL.

Where do you get the running 2 classes of 30-40 simultaneously from lol? Have you seen the instructor attrition lately? I was getting typed in IAH 2 months ago and had 3 lessons canceled due to no instructor. We went through 2 ground instructors. Both left during our training. There were 13 of us in transition training and the company had us bouncing back and fourth from IAH to STL to HOU. That was with 13 transition guys. Not even initial training. There was one class of 2 new hires at that time and the usual AQP classes. It took 2 months to get through the transition.

Just painting a picture of my experiences. For anyone that wants to hear about the current state of the company. Make your own predictions.
Pay is $50 per hour with EQO.

An expressjet instructor told me about when they had AM and PM shift classes. My point was that they have the space and institutional capacity to train volumes more than they are now.

Yes, as it stands, they had such lack of interest that last year there was a second career type who had to redo every sim something like four times but they kept him on because there wasn’t anyone else to train.