View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:22 AM
ChecklistMonkey
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
What’s funny is just because I think gay marriage is a sin or not isn’t the reason I don’t want the government to approve or deny the marriage. I don’t want the government to have any say on any marriage. I want the government out of my life. They shouldn’t have any say on who can get married or not because it shouldn’t matter.
Who decides who is an irresponsible gun owner? If my toddler got my gun and committed suicide I would be charged in his death... It’s also why I teach my kids how to handle guns, how to shoot guns, and respect guns for the tool they are. When you can get politicians to stop calling a gun a fully semi automatic and realize that a revolver is a semi automatic by the true definition of the term it would be a start to having a gun discussion.
The government SHOULDN'T tell people they can't get married if they are two consenting adults.

So if the government shouldn't be involved, should we allow child brides? And to use your people's favorite retort, should we allow people to marry animals? The answer to those is clearly a no. But if we stripped your legal protections and tax breaks for being married, you and your buddies would be leading the riot.