View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 AM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by ChecklistMonkey View Post
We call you a hypocrite. You disagree with someone's belief no matter how ridiculous it is and you want to start stripping rights. I'd bet you'd love to declare gay people insane too and take away their rights too.

But if anyone from the other side of the political spectrum wants to increase punishments for irresponsible gun owners, make it harder to get guns or even study gun deaths in America, you pick up your bullhorn and threaten a civil war.

Ah, here we go with putting words in my mouth. Not even close. I don't have anything against gay people. It's none of my business what two consenting adults do in their bedroom. I do, however, detest what that movement has become in recent years because the tolerance they sought has now become "celebrate us or we'll destroy you." That's not freedom, that's tyranny. Funny thing is, more and more gay people are waking up to this and are speaking out against this including a really good friend of ours who happens to be gay as well.

But that's another discussion altogether. We're talking snowflakes here.

If you have a meltdown to the point that you're not functional just because you didn't get your way, heard an opposing viewpoint and now require therapy, play dough, puppies, day to be curled up sucking your thumb in a "safe space" then that, by definition, is a mental disorder. That's not rational or normal behavior.

I didn't care for Obama because I didn't care about his policies or his agenda. He was elected, and I accepted it. Didn't like it, but I also didn't need a safe space, nor did I need time off work or study just because my preferred candidate lost, nor did I lose my marbles because someone close to me celebrated Obama winning or agreeing with his policies.

Look at what's happening right now. People get violently assaulted only for having a differing opinion and being called names that diminish the meaning of it. Look at the UC Berkeley assault that just happened. The kid who was punched was called a racist and was assaulted simply because he supported our president. I vehemently disagree with today's left and the Democratic Party, but if anyone did that to a Bernie or AOC fan, I'd want to see the book thrown at them as well.

In short, we need to be adults and be responsible for our own behavior.