View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 12:17 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
In my case, I knew we can deviate the first leg and do the final check in at the gate. That fact that it let me do the final check in at the gate reinforced my thinking that that’s simply what you do to let CRS know what you are doing. I didn’t know was that you had to uncheck the box for the second leg. In fact, I never notice me those check boxes before this incident.
You don't need to uncheck the box for the second leg. That was my whole point of bring this up in the first place. If you do uncheck it, you keep your GT without asking for it back. That's all that does for you.
You can accomplish your Final Check-in using VIPS regardless of what you check or uncheck (using your words, it will "let you"). You can also just call scheduling.

I uncheck the box on the second leg when it's appropriate all the time. But, I've also checked it, changed my plans and done my Final Check-in for that same leg at the gate. My point to this whole line of discussion was that checking or unchecking the deviation box in VIPS does not deny you the contractually allowed options for Final Check-in. It also doesn't alleviate crew control's responsibility to revise or re-schedule you should you need it after you've complete your Final Check-in.

Last edited by Adlerdriver; 03-04-2019 at 12:29 PM.