View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:21 PM
full of luv
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by ChecklistMonkey View Post
Is that kind of like how many "pro-family" or "anti-gay" conservatives many times get caught diddling kids, sleeping with mistresses and/or having gay relations? Like those rules?

And I'm not falling for anyone's tricks. I am an independent thinker, unlike you and your daily dose of Fox and Friends and Brietbart.
You know, this is how both sides sets up straw men which leads to disingenuous conclusions:

Stating that a "marriage" should be between a man and woman is not anti-gay. Marriage was a religious construct originally that was adopted/promoted by government as it provides for a great community/QOL and stability in society.

Very few people are "anti-gay". Many may be anti-gay acts, but love the sinner. In fact I would guess many more people are "anti-Christian" because many Christians believe sodomy is a sin.
A true conservative believes in limited government and should let people do as they desire. If they want to form unions outside of marriage, then by all means love who you want to love. That doesn't mean anyone should be forced to endorse it, bake cakes for it, or take pictures of it. BTW, I'd be fine if a gay baker didn't want to make cakes for a heterosexual wedding.

BTW, people of all statures "diddle kids", cheat on spouses, steal, lie, etc.
It's human nature to sin, it's discipline, faith, and loyalty to god/family that should keep you on a decent path.