View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:28 AM
ThatFlyWelshGuy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: F/O

Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
If you used to work in ACMI then I’m sure you’ll make an informed decision. Bottom line, K4 is a great company that takes care of its people. Most are very happy here at the moment. However, at the end of the day, it’s an ACMI carrier and with that comes the ACMI hassles which you’re probably already familiar with.
Agreed 100%

I'm currently coming up on my year mark with K4 on the 747. So far I have nothing but good things to say about the company and haven't really been updating my apps. The guys I have flown with have been great. Only flown with a few guys who complain about every little thing (we have all flown with those negative Nancies) but they are very few and far between. The company is definitely experiencing some growing pains back in YIP with scheduling, travel and training, but they're always doing the best they can to keep us happy while making the company money (this is to be expect when you try to double your seniority list in 2 years). As for the 767 vs. 747, a lot of guys really like the 747 due to a number of reasons including money, destinations, iconic airplane and flying in luxury. I personally plan on bidding the 767 Captain slot when i'm able because I miss actually flying (I know, I'm weird). I also am very excited to see what happens with ETOPS and hope it starts crossing the pond. We shall see..