View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:47 PM
nwa757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Airbus
Thumbs up

I am in the same situation as Nimrod and Future747Capt.

290 hours TT, doing some instructing now but its very slow. Will have my BS in aviation in December.

I am going to interview for PACE on september 15- and check the program out. If it doesnt feel right I'm not going to do it- but I've got some scholarships that will help fund it if I do decide to do it. This is one of the only reasons I am considering it.

PACE was recommended to me by a NWA A330 captain I worked with while interning at NWA. His son got into the RJ with less that 300 hours and is building quality time, not single engine piston time.

Seniority is everything in the airlines and the quicker you can build the turbine PIC time, the better. We all only have so much time before we turn 60.

I found a lot of good insights on PACE on the forums on jetcareers.com and mesalounge.com I would recommend those- but take them with a grain of salt. There are a lot of complainers about MESA out there--- and I think that they are the 10% of the workforce that does 100% of the complaining- spoiled brats perhaps? I dont know- I would love to be in their seat and they would love to get out of it.

Any other thoughts? Disagreements?