View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 09:12 AM
at6d
Strike averted!

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B737

Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
I know this is a popular opinion among many of our fellow SWA pilots turned cockpit CEOs who think that we are going to destroy everyone who flies to Hawaii. I do not believe it is true for many of my own cockpit CEO reasons.
I liken it to the mafia, or maybe the SWA/Delta detente in ATL/LAX. When everyone is making money, why screw it up? The things that make Hawaiian great cannot be done by Southwest in its current form (see our sad attempt at big boy international in Mexico City). They also go so far against the way SWA operates that there is zero chance that our current crop of managers would ever buy off on merging the two companies.
Wow brother. Don’t project your stuff on to me. I’m not your CEO/mafia whipping boy, or ETOPS flag waver either. My name ain’t on that list.

It would make more sense to me to view Hawaiian as an acquisition than to dive into the current Alaska/Virgin debacle.

Don’t forget that airlines also become major shareholders in other carriers without a full purchase.

We are all just spitballing here. I’m the guy that doesn’t believe most airline speculation until the gear is in the well and I’m in the seat.