View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Beeman68 View Post
Just had a friend get a job offer from Via. He said a quick look at the contract seem to indicate that day off pay doesn't kick in until day 18 and seem to be worded that they could work you 30 days straight. Now mind you he just briefly looked at it at the time of our conversation and didn't have clearafication of his understanding of what he read. He said training pay was $100 a day when completed and payed out in two installments. One after indoc and the other after type ride. He thinks there is great potential there, as someone here said "a diamond in the ruff".
Have him email them for clarification. They have been known to write one thing that seems like it means X, and then later say no, it meant Y. Get it clarified. When I left it was an 18 day schedule. They only scheduled 16 of the 18. 2 days were at home on long call. I'm told they now actually do 18 day schedules. So, if he reads it that day off pay only comes on days 19 and above, I'd agree.

That said, there have been plenty of times that I got 2 to 4 times the contractual day off pay....
just say nope until they get to the number you need.

I've also heard that recently they've been experimenting (playing games) with not providing any schedule at all... if that's the case; a pilot without a schedule defaults to long call reserve per 117 and the FAA interpretations. So, when you go to bed with no schedule the next day, screen shot it. When they call the next day, inform them you defaulted to long call reserve since you had no assignment. Enjoy the next 10 hours off to rest.