Gets Weekends Off
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2014
  • Position
    Semi-Retired...
Quote: I like it better when you a cheerleader for company. Now you just hate company and cheer on yourself. You right about one thing. The flow not going to keep working. I hear guys on here are new hires and say they flow in 6 or 8 years. Exactly what company wants. They want you to use lowest flow number which is 8 and put it with lower number. Flow now 8 to 10 years. Not 6 to 8. Really flow will be gone then. Not enough pilot to fly envoy Rj.
On the contrary; I don’t hate the company at all. I do dislike the manner in which some executive level managers operate though. The place promotes those who “get more” from those employees under their charge without concern over how they do it. This encourages and rewards abusive treatment.

It’s still a good company. Other regionals are paying better and starting to treat their pilots better, so eventually Envoy will come around.

I still recommend Envoy to new aspiring pilots and have quietly helped several get jobs there. In this environment, I do not recommend any FFD regional that isn’t wholly owned. We saw during the bankruptcy that pilots would voluntarily recycle themselves to a new carrier if it brought a quicker upgrade. That same principle will be used when the shortage worsens. The wholly owned will pull the flying back in house. It will cause downgrades at the vendors, possibly even furloughs if done quickly enough. At the same time the WO’s will continue upgrading. Those pilots will recycle themselves just to have a job. AAG won’t be buying regionals, they’ll just steal the pilots by taking the flying back. When push comes to shove and the shortage worsens, being at an outside contractor won’t be the place to be.

After that, the hiring will be so fast-n-furious that even the WO’s will shrink as mainlines take the flying back. Before that happens expect the three AA WO’s to be merged into a new single airline.... probably called.... American Eagle Airlines.