View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Ala5ka
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

That’s what they claimed but in reality it was a kill job in order to prevent jet blue and VX from becoming another formidable opponent to as. They now are shrinking back to whats comfortable for them which is literally only Washington State and Oregon.

They could have bought Vx and ran with the acquired growth and added organic growth into the mix to become an actual airline with a real route structure. Instead the credit card company that flies a few planes known has Alaska airlines tanked a massive opportunity and cowers away in hiding until the next kill job will need to come in order to survive. My monies on Hawaiian as both will be hurting from Southwest... although the smartest play would be a three way merger of AS B6 and HA but that would be way too much to handle for the brilliant minds in Seattle.
Originally Posted by SeaRider View Post
Thank you! This has always baffled me. It’s like the Boeing fan boys would rather have a stagnant airline than operate the bus. Why do people hate the bus so much? I just don’t get it.

Several ULCC’s operate the bus very profitably. If AS management can’t figure it out, that’s on them. Personally, I’d take the growth all day long. Wasn’t that the point of acquiring VX anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk