View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 06:20 PM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by Hellafo View Post
Latest rumor, fresh off the oven. European operation is launching in 6 weeks, and noone knows anything.

Rumor is management wants to present the pilot group with a proposal that is extremely consessionary compared to what was offered last year.

People will rather stay in the US and pick up overtime that go over there. If they try to Junior man people, I'd expect some attrition...

Last year they pretty much pulled it out of their butt in 2 weeks. But it’s starting slow with only 2 airplanes going first. Eventually it will have 5 airplanes by mid summer, so it will not require a full compliment at first anyway. Everyday is the first time we’ve ever done it! Good quote to remember to survive here.

I think what I’ve been told is they will do away with the bonus and change it into an 18 day schedule anyone can bid month to month is what I’m hearing. Which makes it doable for those that can’t go for 3-5 months. For that I’ll go for 120hr MMG and chose what months I want to go!

We have a lot of people that want to go so I doubt they will be junior manning anyone. A lot of new people I’ve talked to are interested in going especially those looking to build time in the airplane. so I don’t think that’ll be an issue.