View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 05:47 AM
FNGFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
It is very difficult to disagree with this. Saving some cash is a priority even for many of the upper middle or upper class.

My only rebuttal would be that for many, Hawaii is a once in a lifetime vacation/honeymoon etc. Who wants to start their dream vacation off being miserable?
Listen. I know you’re grasping st something, anything really, to try and hope this ends well for you, but a higher class travel experience to Hawaii on HAL is...laughable.

For one, it sucks in the back of all airliners on long legs. Hawaiian is no different. Yes, I’ve ridden many times.

For another, no one who has two brain cells to rub together is hoping to find an FA who can give them tips on local activities and food on a trip as expensive as an extended Hawaiian vacation.

And lastly, saving $100 each way per passenger (or whatever the cost will be) probably adds up to an hotel extra night on one of the islands.

No, people won’t pay extra to get a smidgeon of percieved service on HAL. The ones with truly disposable income to do so aren’t considering riding on any LCC.

SWA is transport for the masses, or at least they still play at it while largely charging legacy fares, and getting Joe and Susie Wal Mart to the islands is exactly what their mission is all about.

Going to see the mouse in Florida is many people’s dream vacation with their kids, and they cram themselves into a yellow 321 with infants in their laps by the bushel because that modicum of saved cash means that they can do an extra activity while in Orlando or squeeze in another night or two. Hawaii is really no different.

On the basis of half-a$$ed conjecture I’d say HAL is in a lot of trouble unless they radically change their model or partner with someone on the mainland to help feed them. SWA will run them into the ground once they get the inter island bit going with corny jokes and mispronounced Mahalo’s and all.