View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 10:22 AM
FNGFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
Not sure if it was escaping or forced to move on a decade ago!!

Honest question..

If you were getting a free ride to Hawaii, everything being equal.. Departure/arrival time etc. Who would be your first choice to ride on? SWA, HA, or Spirit (assuming they came out here)
Yeah, I just missed the furloughs myself.

That’s kinda a loaded question. Assuming apples to apples meaning economy seats then it really doesn’t matter between SWA and HA. Let me sit in the premium seating and it’s HA followed by NK.

Your NJ’s background helps explain your emphasis on product and experience, but knowing our backgrounds I can safely say that both of us have spent a lot of time in the economy section of all airline brands ( before accumulated points led to status assuming you didn’t get booked on the Monday morning ORD with 145 other platinum members) and it just plain sucks back there. Particularly on long flights.

I’ve vacationed on Hawaii 7 or 8 times. Certainly not a native, but I’ve been there plenty and love it. I’ve ridden first class and steerage out and back. And not once did I give two thoughts about the travel experience other than wanting it to be over. I really don’t think your average SWA pax is looking for that either. SWA FA’s throwing cheesy cheap lei’s, maybe playing some island sounding music on the PA and serving pineapple juice is probably more than enough for them.