View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Green Needles
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Fixnem2Flyinem View Post
Yeah that did come across a little dickish, my apologies. What I was trying to say, and let me try this again, is things are finally going the right direction for this career. For years, you were underpaid to do a job that although can be fun at times, comes with great responsibility. If a regional plane smokes a hole in the ground, the news covers it the same way they cover the major airlines. The level of responsibility is parallel, so the insane difference in payscales throughout the career has boggled my mind since the beginning of my career. I too had to take a low paying gig back in 2015 to get my time, I made 18k in 2015. My wife and I had to have a roommate to make rent, and we still managed to get into some debt in the 13 months my paychecks were 500 takehome. So maybe I was briefly part of the problem too, but my point was there shouldn’t be jobs paying that low. Yes one shouldn’t make 100k to fly a caravan or tech in a 172, but they shouldn’t have to starve either. So I have respect for those that refuse to take low paying jobs, they’re not being entitled babies, they just know the value of their training and job responsibilities.
Well said.