Old 03-10-2019, 07:35 PM
KCaviator
Currently Furloughed

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: C172 Captain

Originally Posted by njd1 View Post
I was at Republic and hated the M&H pants and shirts. Very scratchy feeling and not sure why. At Commutair now and we're Navy Blue as well and use Crew Outfitters. While tailored reasonably well the official pants are needlessly expensive and generally of poor quality.

Frustrated, I went to Macys and found Ralph Lauren Navy Blue pants off the rack that are a dead ringer for the Republic and C5 pants at least in color. They're not exactly the same fabric texture, but that is not obvious unless comparing them at less than a foot away. The RL are a better quality wool pant for less money and available in all the usual off-the-rack sizes.

The only thing I miss right now from Republic is the 3 in 1 jacket. I was doing my walkaround in Quebec the other day in -20 and really missed it. That jacket is light years better than what C5 offers. I wish I knew who made them for Republic because I'd buy one direct. If anyone with the 3 in 1 can get me the manufacturer name or would be willing to coordinate a sale of a new size small I'd appreciate it.
A little off topic, but why in the world would you leave YX for C5?