View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Crazy Canuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by dwight3 View Post
Yes, exactly. K4 flies DHL planes and was able to get a new CBA. But they don't fly Amazon planes.

Atlas, Southern, ABX, and ATI fly Amazon planes and only ATI has a new CBA but it was obtained more than a year after K4 and others got theirs and it's substandard to all of those.

Management doesn't even negotiate with Atlas, Southern, or ABX pilots and the reason for that has become evident: AMAZON. If Amazon is pulling the strings and is determined to keep pilot pay substandard then AAWW and ATSG could literally lose half of their pilots and management would not care as long as Amazon planes keep flying.
This may be inflammatory but I'm not sure I would put much weight into K4 getting a contract. If we wanted a K4 contract I think management would chomp at the bit to give us one. I think that would be akin to some big pay increases with very few changes to work rules. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing K4 or any pilot there who is enjoying their new CBA. We are all jealous of the money you're making and we know it's light years ahead of your old one. My point is that our inability to get a contract compared to K4 is very unlikely because K4 is not related to Amazon and we are. It's more likely that we are asking for a lot more (which management is far less inclined to give) and aren't anywhere near self help. K4 also went through yeaaaaaaars of pain and frustration (12?) to get where they were and were under the threat of self help when they finally signed a CBA