View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:35 PM
scrupulous
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
This may be inflammatory but I'm not sure I would put much weight into K4 getting a contract. If we wanted a K4 contract I think management would chomp at the bit to give us one. I think that would be akin to some big pay increases with very few changes to work rules. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing K4 or any pilot there who is enjoying their new CBA. We are all jealous of the money you're making and we know it's light years ahead of your old one. My point is that our inability to get a contract compared to K4 is very unlikely because K4 is not related to Amazon and we are. It's more likely that we are asking for a lot more (which management is far less inclined to give) and aren't anywhere near self help. K4 also went through yeaaaaaaars of pain and frustration (12?) to get where they were and were under the threat of self help when they finally signed a CBA
Due to or current CBA, K4 enjoys getting a lot of sub contracted flying from us. You can see the completed K4 trip folders spilling over in ANC OPS just today.

So if K4 with their new contract are getting flying from us, I fully expect better for us in the future from our ExCo. If not, we should remove them in the upcoming election for not upholding their industry leading CBA promises carrot in our upcoming CBA. That's if we get to vote on leadership this time without them expanding the ExCo seats available after the fact this time again.

Who am I kidding, promises from BK happening. Really? He has already gotten his union parachute payout arranged as notified to membership.