View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Blueskies21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Shadre Reevis View Post
Uber promise for co-domicile? I can't wait for you to show me that promise in writing. Because I sure hope you weren't suckered into voting yes without that promise written into a contract.

This ^^^ If you're planning to be in this profession for the long term, please, please, please understand this. My future career QOL depends on it. If you don't see whatever is "promised" in contract negotiation in writing in the contract you're currently voting on, it doesn't exist. "Promises" are made to get people to vote on a contract, if it's not in the black and white language of the deal, it's nothing.

As for the union not doing their job, I think they're doing exactly what we pay them to do. The Company doesn't give us anything for free, and we shouldn't be giving them things for free either. Dynamic training scheduling was a huge concession for this pilot group. The Company wants it, they think it will save them money so we should get something for that loss of QOL and for the money saved. So far, that something is 30% LCR. We're trading the QOL of trainees and instructors for increased QOL for reserves, I guess that's an OK trade. However, there are some unintended consequences of the dynamic scheduling, things like traveling on days off, sitting in MSP with no sims scheduled, scheduling more instructors than sims. We didn't know about those things when we signed the trial. Now we do, so we want those things fixed in plain language of the new LOA. So far, the Company hasn't agreed to fix those things. I think ultimately they will and the 30% LCR will come back unless they just don't see the value in this Dynamic Scheduling thing and they want to abandon it completely.

It sucks for April but in the long term if we go back to 15% for a few months to secure the language in the new LOA to protect this pilot group for the next X years, then I think it's worth it. I hope I'm in the majority on that.