View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 03:28 PM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
When I was at air wisconsin they kept telling us how valuable we were to American and how AA couldn’t afford to lose their lift AW provided. Things that made it sound like they were the only thing holding the Eagle operation together etc etc. Food for thought. Managers will spread anything to keeps pilots in planes until the plug is pulled. Until the contract is up they have their end of the bargain to hold up. They know full well what could happen if they announce a shrink in flying. It’s a dirty tactic by being deceptive but no one is just gonna come out and spread negative news as gossip.
I was told upgrade in 2.5 years at my first job, it took over five.
I was told we were growing until I was furloughed at my next job.
I was told I was so lucky to be upgrading at a growing company until I was downgraded at another regional.
I was told upgrade is guaranteed at year 4/5 overseas. Now it’s indefinite FO with upgrade being unattainable.
I was told how lucky I was to be at Endeavor and I’d have a line by fall.... until the music stopped and I’m 400 numbers from a line still after a year and a half.

Lesson: Management LIES. And when they aren’t lying, they are painting a best case scenario no matter how implausible.

Get used to it and stop believing them no matter how nice or well intentioned they may seem. Have a savings account.

Last edited by PotatoChip; 03-12-2019 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Typo