View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:35 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
4 year CA pay at Via is $96,500 base salary to show up. That’s without a single day of overtime or playing the schedules to pick stuff up. Without commuting, without being the junior CA and needing a crashpad again, while keeping all your air miles and hotel points.

Oh, and that’s $96,500 salary, not including per diem. Want to include that, it becomes $103,700 for 4th year CA at $600 a month per diem. At $500 a month per diem it would be $102,500 at 4th year.

Plenty of opportunity for overtime, or extra over rides for checkairman or instructor stuff
That’s really not bad! How many days off do you average in a month? I have a friend in Orlando that’s interested but doesn’t know anyone over there. He wants to (hopefully) be home most nights as he has young kids.

I’m honest with people about recommending places. For what he wants it’s hard for me to recommend most regionals. PSA still offers lots of opportunities but it isn’t for everyone. Lots of reserve to look forward to for any new hire right now. I told him Allegiant but I don’t think he has the quals to be competitive.