View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
That’s really not bad! How many days off do you average in a month? I have a friend in Orlando that’s interested but doesn’t know anyone over there. He wants to (hopefully) be home most nights as he has young kids.
It’s schefuled 12. You’ll get 30 hour breaks during your trip as well, but they aren’t part of the 12 days. The SFB Base is (was) mostly all day trips on the E145. I haven’t been at Via for many months now, but I still stay in touch. If he lives in Base, with RSV days and the inevitable cancellations he’ll be home a lot, including pretty much mostly day trips anyway. If he’s typed on E145 there is (was) a $5k bonus also. If he has significant E145 experience they will hire him as a street CA.
When I was in SFB we did two days of day trips, had one or two days off, then two more days of days trips.... rinse & repeat.
They will DH you over to fly in AUS too. It’s a busier schedule there and not as refined as SFB with jetbridges and GPU everywhere. That’s when you rack up air and hotel points the most. They have a nice condo they use for new hires. Three bedroom 2.5 bath.

Last edited by Cujo665; 03-13-2019 at 10:52 AM.