View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 01:10 AM
Purpleanga
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Gbrown18 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I wanted to pass along my experience with applying to Worldwide Jet Charter.
Quick background on me, I'm 40 years old have 121 and 135 experience, four type ratings and 7 years as an air traffic controller. I'm not saying that like its anything super impressive but obviously I am not new to aviation.
Anyway I apply to their ad on climbto350. Specifically because it says NO RELOCATION REQUIRED and lists Boston as an airport you can commute from.
So I get a call from their recruiter, Charlie Hunter. He starts by saying I don't meet their requirements (I more than meet them) and that I'll have to be based in Teterboro for 2 years. He said this is a great opportunity for a kid like me with little experience. I told him I'm not a kid and don't appreciate his tone, and there is no way on earth im moving to Teterboro (Id rather move to Syria) In short the guy is an complete $*#head who thinks this is 2006 and we should be all jumping at the chance to work for a place that blatantly lies from the get go.
Just wanted to pass along this warning. There are a lot of good places out there and with good people who value our experience and don't condescend to us. Worldwide Jets is evidently not one of them.
This is obviously a troll. None of what he says makes any sense. Ive heard it used to be worse but they’re changing that since guys were leaving. Everyone now is home based. Charlie Hunter is a good guy, nothing but respectful. Everything so far has been as advertised. Friendly professional workers and pay is always on time. They spare no expense to keep your on the road quality of life great. Maintenance seems good. Just like anywhere else it’s not perfect, wish they had 7 on 7off and intial pay is ok but not great. But other than that it’s a place you can hang your hat for a while.