View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:23 AM
CantStayAway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Trowserchilli View Post
Reserve pilots flying on days off because the hourly’s not where it should be. Plus this slows us from growing the seniority list.

Been discussed here plenty of times before. The reassignment language is nearly the most liberal in the business. DAL, AA, have vowed to rid themselves of their own in the next contract due to it being abused.
Correct. I have already experienced an attempted reassignment (that I was not notified of) that was going to get me back into base 2:45 past my original footprint. It was due to a late inbound aircraft arriving at the city where I was to overnight. Since the delayed plane was 3 hours late they wanted to use the aircraft I flew in along with both pilots to fly the delayed trip. Since I was never notified they ended up keeping the original crew on it and it just went late. This was deemed a legal reassignment because it is “outside of company control”. Granted I will never hear a thing about it because I did nothing wrong, but once the app is in place this type of thing will be commonplace and unavoidable. If they can claim “outside of our control” for anything in order to maintain schedule integrity, this whole “footprint” language is worthless.

I don’t mind most reassignments, but don’t mess with my time off. That includes overnights at home (I’m a commuter and bid for them) and my pairing end time. I bid for commutability and often times a 3 hour delay will cost me a night at home.