Thread: No Degree
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by Vital Signs View Post
You are the one who said more people than ever are being let go and these people were hired from the company self selected hiring process that might not be working as well with “todays” pilots so how do you fix the problem? Do you continue with the parameters or do you change them. Degree or no degree might not factor into the equation but something else might need to be if the best of the best keep getting fired.
How I feel does not matter and it’s not my decision or concern and in the end, this is just internet chat after all.
Your logic is off kilter. The generational issues we are seeing are generational not collegiate based. I’m sure that there are some very good candidates out there with no college degree under their belt. In fact I know some. And we will have some of the same problems with non college grads. Not having a college degree isn’t going to fix the issue.

And I don’t make the rules just like you don’t. So yes it is just an internet chat, and it won’t change a darn thing. Currently the global carriers that offer the best pay and benefits require a four year degree. So if you want to play at this level bisching about not having a degree is a total waste of time. Go get a degree or don’t and keep yourself out of the hireable applicant pool. It’s really just that simple inregards to today’s hiring environment. It might well change in the future but as of now it is what it is.