View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 12:56 PM
FlyBoyd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: FDX 767 FO

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
The depressing part of the Internet is how many people persist in their ignorance.

But I thought I'd ask CE too.
So, please-to all FedEx Deviants
Hold CRS accountable, make them comply with the Contract. Or, you can be like Pinseeker and allow them to get away with noncompliance.

Hi Kronan,

Thank you for reaching out to Contract Enforcement with your Final Deviation questions. If you meet up with a scheduled deadhead after deviating and complete your final deviation check-in per 8.C.1.d.iv., then you will no longer be considered as deviating, and if the flight delays/cancels, then CRS will have to revise your pairing and get you from DFW to where you are rescheduled to. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:53 AM
To: Fedex-Enforcement, FDXMEC
Subject: Final Deviation Question

Good Morning,

As a deviant, it is my understanding that if I am able to join a leg of the originally scheduled deadhead and thus accomplish the Final Check-in that I shall no longer be considered as deviating. That I am no longer, on my own should that flight be cancelled.

There's some internet discussion that my understanding is incorrect.

As an example, say original scheduled DH is MEM-DFW-DEN

My deviation travel is BHM-DFW-DEN. I arrive at the gate in DFW and accomplish my Final Check-in. Subsequent to that, American Airlines has a lengthy delay and eventually cancels the DFW-DEN flight.

What happens to me then?
I don’t disagree with their answer to the question you asked because of the way you asked it. I thought the rub was on originally deviating from both legs (both boxes checked) and then joining the second original leg after that.

Please reply to them and ask this.

“What if I originally deviated from both legs and then, due to changes after the fact, I choose to join the second original leg. Can I accomplish my final check in prior to the second originally scheduled leg even though I originally deviated off of it?”

I predict you’ll get a different answer as they might be assuming you accomplished what they see as the proper way to do it and left the second box unchecked.

I hope I’m wrong but we’ll see.