View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 08:02 PM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
I did a spreadsheet and tried to balance money and time. Within 36 months I’ll be over 600 more 121 TPIC at GoJet than at Envoy and about 25k more money.

I know the pros and cons are more gay just what you can put on paper. It looks like I would reach 1000 121 TPIC almost a year earlier at GoJet

What am I missing?
Ok ok ok.... Ill help you out. It's GoJet and they have a negative reputation on the forums. Before you go there I'd suggest you look a little bit more into them. You seem to understand Envoy pretty well and I think you are leaning towards GoJet but find it easier to commute on Envoy. 90% chance you get the 145 or CRJ if you come to Envoy.

My biggest gripes about Envoy is the long reserve times and bad schedules right now. A mid-level line holder at Envoy will have a worse schedule than a junior line holder at a good regional. Commuting to reserve at Envoy is the worst QOL time period you will ever experience. Junior Reserve Commuter is the absolute worst position for any of the regional airlines.

I wish you had a third option to choose. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think short and long run GoJet may be a better choice.

Anyone know what it's like to commute from LIT to ORD?