View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 07:38 AM
zondaracer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: I pilot

Originally Posted by vdawson View Post
I am looking hard at SkyWest because I think I’ll have the best shot at a fairly easy commute. LIT has at least a half dozen flights a day to IAH, DFW, ORD and ATL. NYC and DTW would require a 2 leg commute.

What do you guys think? Surely outside of holidays there are going to be plenty of open seats to make any of these easy going in and out of LIT. And from what I hear DFW, ORD and ATL are all fairly jr. Is this going to be pretty easy or a pipe dream??
Don't underestimate a commute, ever. I just looked at the loads for LIT-ORD on United for the past couple days. The flights are usually booked full but there have been a couple seats on every flight. I recommend being prepared to go in the jumpseat.

A weather disruption can make your commute turn into an absolute showstopper. Have a plan A, B, and C, and be prepared to man up and call off the beginning of a trip if you have to, but do it far enough in advance that they can get a reserve and keep you out of trouble. Don't make it a habit.