View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 10:17 AM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Do you know a pilot at Delta who has been required to miss a once in a lifetime event? I certainly don’t but I do know a bunch who had the company make accommodations so they could attend lifetime events including me.
I am glad to hear you have been accommodated so well. Let's be honest... management DOES owe you a big one for all their water you carry! ;-)

I don't know folks who have missed these once in a lifetime occasions, but I know plenty of the other side (whom I mentioned) who reluctantly sit out AEs when such events are on their calendar ahead. I don't have anywhere near the experience you have at Delta. That means you've surely heard significantly more anecdotes than I have of the CPO coming up short... and I hear it all the time. I don't trust the CPO to come through for anything other than an immediate-family fatality, so that's not saying much. They've already shown their hand in my own personal experiences; I shouldn't have to rely on their good graces or otherwise roll the bones on what they will or won't do for me when I get into a pickle. And none of us should expect or demand special handling that isn't consistent and universal across the seniority list.

By codifying better short- and long-term schedule control into the PWA, we can lift all boats. We have the profitability to support even "costly" schedule-influencing for more consistent control of our work obligations.

Let's improve IQ (golden days) and bring back four days of paid APD!