Old 03-19-2019, 08:02 AM
AeroAl
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
JB is correct...

Any real airline pilot you meet will be rolling his eyes at this sort of attitude.

You think we don't don't deal with idiotic managers every day who think they know how to do our job better than we do? A big part of our job is telling people like that "No."

There will be pilots on the interview panel, I suggest you adopt a different approach. Your experience will have intangible value to the company, but it in no way replaces actual pilot experience and credentials. Don't come off like you think it does.

If you have friends/acquaintances in Flight Ops management at a good major, now THAT could fast-track your application. Maintain and nurture those relationships if you have them. Connections beats skill/experience almost every time.
I would rather be part of the Safety committee on the union side than a management pilot in Flight Ops, and I certainly know the tricks airlines try to pull sometimes to screw pilots over. I also don’t think my previous experience has anything to do with my flying skills. My point is, I have experience and relationships to draw on going into this that is relatable, that most folks don’t have. Trying to say, I’m not unique or different in that regard, is not an accurate statement.