View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 PM
sdsunick1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Hello, everyone. I’ve noticed Frontier has some sort of flow/career pathway program with all three Trans-States Holdings companies. I was just wondering why this might be.

Is the need (current of forecast) for pilots at Frontier really that great?

If you are not at one of the TSH companies, what are the chances of getting hired without the flow/career program?

I’m sure no one will have definitive information on this, but why specifically TSH? Is there some kind of relationship there that I’m just not seeing? (I mean. Who doesn’t love a great rumor/conspiracy theory) ��

I’m at 2000 hours and currently at Republic. I’m starting to scheme my next move, and F9 just popped up on my radar. I might have more questions in the future, but I’ll be sure to investigate before posting. Thanks for your help/conversation/personal attacks ��
Back a year or so ago, not a lot of pilot were coming to Frontier due to the stalled contract, so this was probably just a way to get more pilots interested in Frontier and get some senior guys off the TSA payroll. Now with the new contract, we have more applicants than we've had in a long time and its more competitive to get hired.

I talked to a TSA guy who came over in October as part of the flow, they restrict the number of people who can come over each month, and if you currently work for one of the TSA holding companies, you can't get hired out of it. He said he was a 5 year CA when he flowed over, now with the new contact he says there are guys who were 20 year CAs at TSA now junior to him. So with that in mind, its way easier to get an interview if you work for a different company.

As far as the need for pilots, someone may have more accurate numbers, but I believe we are forecasted to triple in size in the next 8-10 years.

If you were to have applied 6 months back with 2000 hours, you would have probably gotten an interview and been hired. Now from what I've been hearing from friends who are trying to get on, they are mostly taking RJ captains. It doesn't hurt to apply and you may be able to get an interview, that's the first step.