Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:45 PM
KaiGywer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by JayMahon View Post
Anyone have details on how the Emerging Aviator programs work? Seems like after you get commercial and instrument rated they'll pay 10k towards getting you to 1000 hours, and another 5k to get you to 1450.

How does this work? I assume this program locks you in to working for Silver for a period of time? If you leave early do you pay part or all of it back?

Thanks!
Here is what I was told when I emailed them with the exact same questions:

Q:If I elect to receive the $10,000 what is the contract period once I hit 1500 hours?
A:After your interview it will be determined if we help you complete some or all of the ratings needed to become an instructor. You start the training out of your pocket and we will help you with the last $3K needed to complete CFI, last $3K needed to complete CFI-I and last $4K needed to complete MEI or Multi Add On, per each rating that we help you obtain your commitment will be 6 months, so if we help you with all three ratings your commitment will be 18 months.

Q: You have listed under 1000-1450 that there is a $5000 bonus. So if I come in with 250-1000 hours, I would get $10000 and then additional $5000 or is it either/or?
A: You can only choose one of the programs