View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 06:40 AM
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by Std Deviation View Post
I don’t like the implication that I have to engage in some forced social interaction with my coworkers just because I’m in aviation. Does a vet take his vet techs out on a a Tuesday night for cocktails? Do engineers go to happy hour 3 nights in a row midweek? Accountants?

CA I flew with on a long SAN layover - We HAVE to go to the oldest bar in San Diego! I’ll buy the first pitcher. The first? How much you planning on binge drinking? Thanks but there’s a boxing gym I like to hit up when I here. I’m scheduled for a class at 6am. You’re welcome to come... funny no one ever takes me up on that.

When I’m in MSY I usually take a class at the New Orleans school of cooking - open Bloody Mary bar and free flowing keg of Abita by the way.

Sometimes I go out and sometimes I don’t. And now as CA I don’t agree with the expectation that I’m supposed to be director of the fun committee. Each situation is unique. I see nothing wrong with hanging with the crew as long as you quit drinking before you quit thinking.

Now maybe if they wrote a few papers about safety and could discuss at length how bad the lodge food is for you, maybe you would change your mind?