View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:20 AM
OpMidClimax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

In my humble opinion, the bean counters have a number. Obviously piedmont flight ops is costing AAG a fortune for 50 seat lift. Having 3 separate pilot groups to whipsaw is very attractive when the market will change again. And it will. Having 3 separate wo pilot groups, the lowest paid in the industry now, to pit flying against the other fee for departure companies is a huge asset. As the pilot pipe line has ramped and the economy slows in a few years, there will be a glut of entry level pilots again. Will 500 to 1000 hours multi be the norm before an interview? Im not smart enough for that. Variables include, pilot retirements, contraction, bankruptcies, fuel costs, political instabilities, terrorism/war.

Rest assured, at least I hope, american has some smart finance people that have several models and simulations already performed to predict and demonstrate the future, along with piedmont, psa and envoy.

Than again a bad lunch meeting in dfw fueled with scotch could change our destiny in a second.

April through December is going to crazy here... I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best... I got my go bag and sack of cash under the bed ready to gtfo at a moments notice.