View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 03:23 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by zippinbye View Post
Trying to figure out what happens if my AE percentage qualifiers miss the mark. Or more to the point, please check out my example to see if you think it is flawed.

Here's the objective: remain at current relative seniority in category (with a small buffer to accept a very minimal drop), providing a couple of fallback preferred positions, also with percentage qualifiers. Let's say I'm at 90% now (and as far as can be foreseen in projections). So I build my AE form with slot #1 as: "present seat, 92%." Then presume as the AE processing wizardry does it's thing, it's determined that I would fall below (numerically greater than) 92%, and the processing flows to slots #2 and #3, which say "Plan B, 60%," & "Plan C, 55%." If I cannot hold 60% and 55% respectively for my back-up wish list, what happens? Do I just stay put in present position but below my % threshold (assuming I don't get displaced out the bottom obviously - but of course I have a MD set-up for that). Is there any point or prudence in placing my present position at the end, without percentage qualifiers?

Thanks for any insight. I, like many, see such a wide range of possibilities for this bid, that it's a tough call on how to best represent my wishes. It's going to be interesting!
No, if none of your bids are awarded you simply remain in your present category. Be aware if you are in a category that might see a significant size change up or down percentages might be tricky. Sometimes better to go with a specific number.