View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 07:19 AM
Taco280AI
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Pay your dues? Did you sit 1-2 years reserve and get a 2.5 year upgrade like most of the the 2016 hires? I’d say going straight to a line as an FO and upgrading the day you hit 1500 CPZ time, possibly bypassing into another line, isn’t as miserable as it may seem

Miserable is being the bottom guy on reserve, stuck in the wrong base, with no vacancy, newhires, and no upgrades for 8 months, flying about 15 hours a month.

Shoutout to my fall 2016 hires
You're right, I guess anything FOs do today isn't valid because we didn't go through the same conditions that you did, that we have no control over. Paying dues isn't about how long you sit, it's about knowing your job, doing it well, and doing it until you can move up/on. But anyone that doesn't spend 10-12 years at a regional hasn't paid their dues, because pilots before you had to do that in the past, right?

Yeah you came to CP at a bad time, but that doesn't take anything away from those who came in the last year.

If I wanted to fly under miserable conditions I'd go back to the Army where we had no snack baskets! No CheezIts! No Oreos! No bananas! No bloody mary mix! If only Bobby Lee were there to negotiate on our behalf it might solve their retention problem. Bobby, I see a contractor opportunity for you

Last edited by Taco280AI; 03-25-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: BLS Army Aviation snack basket negotiations