View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 06:32 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
So just to be clear, your point is swaps above ALV+15 benefit you, so we should do them, but SILs don't so it's good we killed them?

Many of us, myself included, value the QOL provided by having no obligation to the company in exchange for 40 hours of pay. I'm also in favor of keeping the trip swaps as they are. I would swap over 100, followed by a 40 hour SIL if the option were available. I'm just not going to argue it is in the best interest of everyone in a veiled attempt to claim the moral high ground. They were provisions in the contract, period. You can't claim "rising tide..., better for everyone..., etc if you are in favor of swaps and against SILS.
We will have to agree to disagree. The SILs has an extenuating circumstance about ALPA approval, that was my issue with this. The language states concurrence. The low value obviously benefits senior higher earners. The schedule flexibility tool of no limits on swaps benefits all who choose to avail themselves of the provision while honoring normal trip coverage seniority.