View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 10:10 AM
goinaround
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by jet pipe ovht View Post
Well said,

Max jet there are a lot of us waiting to see how these negotiations go. I would love to call K4 home they have been an awesome company so far. But with 30 years left money speaks very loud. If the negotiations come up short the resume gets polished up. Onward and upward.
And I'm optimistic. The Kalitta Air that we know today was re-acquired by Connie on the cusp of a massive depression in the industry which made it possible/easy to employ pilots who were in need of "any port in a storm". There was no reason to pay a competitive wage....or treat pilots well. The landscape today....and into the future (save for a catastrophe) is the exact opposite. I don't expect ...or need to be the highest compensated pilot on the block. I very much enjoy working for K4....and that means a lot to me. I enjoy working here because I'm well taken care of, work with great people, am paid fairly, and I feel valued. I'd like to think that this company has seen positive changes all the way across the board as a result of the 2016 TA. I agree with Maxjet....of course we are not going to double our salaries again with the next contract. BUT....I believe that I'm in line with 99% of the pilot group when I expect to see cost of living increases commensurate with our current contract and a retirement plan that at the very least matches those of even the scummiest LCC carriers today. I have too much at stake to put up with any less. And I'd sure like to stay here....but I don't have to.