Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Amphibian
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Answers to Duckman's Questions:

1) Less than 150 Multi- my recommendation would be to apply. Posted minimums are preferred minimums.

2) Safety Culture- Never any shove back for delaying or postponing for weather I wasn't comfortable with. Maint. discrepancies are written up and MEL'd if there is relief or corrective action is taken on location.

3) Work load- On CJ fleet, we typically get a day or two off per rotation. Average day is a repo and a live leg. Plenty of time to explore, especially now that it is daylight longer.

4) Rest- Our rest periods are typically longer than the 10 hour min. We do not do airport standby and crews will head to hotel around five if not given an assignment and typically remain there until an hour & forty five minutes prior to next assignment's departure time. Generally much longer than 10 hours.

5) CJ fleet differences- All of our CJs have Proline 21s with UNS 1 FMS'. One CJ has steam gauges on right side of flight deck and no Garmin 530s. All others have Dual PFDs and Garmin 530s.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.

Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Hello All!
I have a few questions for you that would benefit your prospective applicants.
1. To become a CJ SIC is the 150 multi-engine hours a hard requirement or will you guys go substantially lower than that.
(I am working on getting 25 hours of multi-engine time because I was thinking of going to a regional. I have over 1500 hours tt)
2. What is the safety culture of the company regarding not going due to weather and or mx issues?
3. Do you fly every single day on your rotation or are there times you have long enough layovers to enjoy yourself?
4. Does the company give you a healthy amount of rest between your duty periods and by that I mean more than the part 135 minimum rest requirements?
5. Lastly are all the CJ’s standardized and have the same FMS and equipment or are there big differences between them throughout your fleet?
Thanks again!